Last Updated: Jan 29, 2016
- Project Wiki This wiki has a selection of web resources to support your research topics relating to this project.
- Learn.Genetics The Genetic Science Learning Center is a website created by the University of Utah. There is a wealth of information in various formats on topics relating to genetics. Of special note is the section on Genetic Disorders.
- Genes and Disease an online book made available by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI). This resource is recommended by your instructors as a strong source to use in support of this project.
- Photo Source: Flikr Commons
A source of photographs from the worlds public photo archives. Useful for finding historical scientific images.
- Photo Source: Flikr Creative Commons
Many individuals have made photographs available for use under various creative commons licences. Learn more about how each licence works and browse for photos here.
- Tool: Google Drawings
This tool will allow you to create simple drawings and charts easily. Log in using your school google account. You can download what you have created in a variety of formats including .pdf, .jpg, and .png. This would be a very easy way of creating customized Punnett squares.
- Tool: Progeny Pedigree Creator
This tool will allow you to create relatively sophisticated pedigree charts. There is no need to log in, but your work won't be saved automatically either. Download what you create as a .jpg file.
- Tool: Piktochart
This is an infographic tool. Use the built in functions to illustrate data and statistics. Login with one click, using your Google account. There is an extensive library of symbols you can use as well as the option to upload your own images.
- Morgue File
Not as gruesome as it sounds! This is a collection of free image reference material. This could be a useful tool for many projects, but has a limited selection of scientific images.